Scottish Junior and Youth - Open event
9th - 10th July 2022
Welcome to Event 2 of the Scottish Junior & Youth @Clyde Windsurfing & SUP Club
Clyde Barracudas are very excited to invite you to this event. Why not come and join us for a fun filled two days of training and competitive fun as part of the RYA Scotland’s J&Y Windsurfing Series.
This year we have lots going on over the weekend from beginner taster sessions to intermediate improver clinics, and the Sunday racing is open to all ages and abilities come and join the fun – something for everyone to get on the water.
Not sure what to expect? Don’t worry. Our J&Y Open Events are fun and very supportive for all abilities, ages and levels. Format for the weekend will be Saturday training/games/activities/Beginner Taster sessions with the coaching team.
Sunday is a bit of a competition day with coaching, so if you are looking to polish up those skills this is perfect for you! We have Racing for all ages everyone is welcome + intermediate clinics for improvers. Lots of fun activities throughout the day.
Don’t have kit? Don’t worry we can help just get in touch and we will help you get on the water.
First time attending the event or site? Welcome, We are a friendly bunch so please just ask if you are not sure about anything. The team are here to help you enjoy the event. email@example.com
What happens on the site
We are based on the shores of Castle Semple Loch in the village of Loch Winnoch.
The site is a multi sport site so expect to see a few other water sports activities whilst here.
Upon arrival at our venue you will access through the large public car park where there is ample space to park up and get great access to the water. Campers, Vans and Motor-homes are welcome on this site.
We have created a competitors area at the far end of the car park on the large grass area in front of the Loch. This area will be used exclusively by us and cordoned off for rigging and storing equipment during the weekend.
Coming along for a clinic just continue on up to the club to meet the instructor team.
Please do not park in the area beyond this.
The Loch is great for windsurfing especially in a North Easterly or West to South West.
The club compound is based further into the site where we have our sail shed and teaching areas.
- What time does it all start? Its quite a relaxed set up and all activities will start @10am on the Saturday and 10am on the Sunday. Its a good idea to get down and be ready prior to the start time.
- I am not sure if I am good enough to Race? Not a problem we have loads of coaches and helpers on hand to guide you through how it all works. Racing is fun and very easy, you might just surprise yourself! Still not sure? well the best thing to do is sign up for the intermediate clinics with our top Coach and they can help get you up to speed throughout the day.
- How do I register? Well the best way is just to click through on the buttons above to the activity you want, on the day we will electronically sign you in to the event.
- Changing facilities? Yes we have access to changing facilities for all participants.
- Public toilets are available at the centre at the Loch side. Competitors will have access to changing room toilets.
- Can I Camp? Yes! – We do not have onsite facilities for camping however the car park is a well known location for motor homes and camper-vans, Loch side views whats not to love. There are local campsites if you prefer more facilities.
- Can I leave my kit onsite? Yes we have a secure compound and are happy to help with those attending the full weekend.
- Communications – We will set up a Competitor/Parent WhatsApp group, this means we can share info on the event and results, It also means you can ask questions directly to the team.
- If you just want to race on the Sunday then just enter above hitting the green button for “Adult Open Event Sign Up”
- Is there any Foil Racing? Due to the depth we do not foil on the Loch, however we have an option for all those mad foilers. we have a special category this year! If you want to join in and the wind arrives we are intending to do some Slalom Racing (Kit can be supplied) – If interested well just get in touch and we will keep you posted on what this might look like.
What to expect at the event?
New to these events? don’t panic we have designed these events for all levels of windsurfers. We will keep you active over the weekend with fun activities and racing
Do we race? Well to be honest a wee bit Sunday only. The event is designed for all levels and the races are short, suitable for everyone.